Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Dream 4: Dragon Attack!

7/10/13

    This was one of the best and longest dreams I've had so far! Unfortunately I don't remember the beginning or the middle very much, but I do know that it was all connected to form an epic story.
     The only part I remember vividly enough to write down are parts nearing the end. Parts of the middle half I know had to do with this character Dayna and I made up for a book we're writing: Elijah Thorndike, but that's it. I hardly remember anything of that part, except that it had something to do with a snow/ice refrigerator, mice, and corporate espionage. Too bad, I have a feeling that that part was very entertaining.
     Anyway, back to what I do remember. In the ending section it became a Percy Jackson and the Olympians mixture. I was in it, but I wasn't me, I was Percy (Percy is a demigod son of Poseidon, by the way, in case you didn't know). So anyway, me (in Percy form), and some other demi kids have just gotten back from a mission, (which I really wish I could remember cause it was epic) and we arrive back at our house via Pegasus and we land in the driveway (For the record, I vaguely remember flying on a Pegasus. So. Stinkin'. FUN!) Once we got there it was late afternoon (I think I was riding a white Pegasus) and then the scene changes.
     Me and some other demis are in a kind of park, where some large boulders covered with colorful graffiti are propped against a mountain side. Me and the others are standing around them, trying to make sense of the wild swirls and letters. Then suddenly a guy (who I think was Frank Zhang, a son of Mars) accidentally triggers something that starts to move a round stone back, like the entrance to a tomb or cave. Something roars from inside the and we run back to the pegusai and take off.
     Next I think we're in Annabeth's house (Annabeth is a daughter if Athena). The place is pretty loud (has a lot of different colored zebra stripped rugs and throw pillows and stuff) Also, the house, or at least the living room, looks a lot like the Shaffer's house.
     We are all preparing to fight the dragon, but it comes before we're ready. It starts bombarding the house, you know, dive bombing it and stuff? Except it never breathes fire. All of a sudden, Annabeth starts running around the house looking for something, and orders everyone to help her find it. Whatever 'it' is, she never tells me, but  everyone else seems to understand that its a matter of life or death, so they start tearing the place apart looking for it. Needless to say, the place gets more and more chaotic as the dragon starts to close in, and the thing still doesn't turn up.
     Now, I have no idea what it is I'm supposed to be looking for, (which is actually pretty normal for Percy) so i just follow Annabeth all around the house. Eventually I lean that this 'thing' she's looking for is the only thing that will appease the dragon and make it go away. Finally, we make it to her bedroom (It's a large place that's about two times bigger than Linden's room, and is on the ground floor. It has two big windows that light up the room with bright sunlight, with no certain and the bed has a lot of nice, plushy blankets on it). Annabeth starts tearing her room apart in a frenzy, and I just keep out of her way and watch. For  some reason I get the idea to stand by the windows, and it isn't long before the dragon finds out where we are.
     Annabeth ducks behind her bed and tells me to hide. I don't have enough time to find a hiding place, so I stand, with my back pressed against the wall, in the gap separating the two windows from each other. Unfortunately I can still see out the window to my right, and, eventually, I catch sight of the dragon's face peering inside. Annabeth orders me no to move, but, like an idiot, I do to get out of the dragon's line of sight. The dragon instantly sees me and starts to attack the wall from the outside. Annabeth and I bolt out of the room just as the dragon breaks through.
     We rendezvous with the others outside, in a place that has concrete and asphalt ground, like an unfinished parking lot, and a lot of snack stands and a parked ice cream truck standing around for some reason. The best place to go with a hungry dragon on your tail. The vendors of the stands have long since fled, so we have the place all to ourselves. Its big enough and open enough to be a large enough battle ground, but there were some buildings around. I think the place might have been part of an airport but... Its hard to explain, so use your imagination.
      The dragon hovers around are position, and then Annabeth finally tells me what she was looking for. I don't know what it was she actually said, but it must have been something important because the words clicked in mind. I reach into my pocket and pull out a small, wooden bottle with a circular wooden cork, or stopper, plugging it. I have no idea what it contains, but this was obviously what Annabeth had been looking for all this time!  (This is one of the reasons why I wish I could remember the entire dream, because somewhere along the line, and I think it was during that mission, I obtained this bottle somehow. So frustrating).
     So anyway, I take the bottle and face off with the dragon on the runway (at least I think it was a runway). The dragon lands and we both start circling each other, kind of like a stand off. The dragon is ten times the size of a Clydesdale, so you can imagine that the odds were less than favorable for me. The dragon had a triangular shaped head, glaring eyes that glowed orange, metallic black scales that, in the trick of the light, gleamed orange gold, bat wings, clawed hands and feet, spiny back and tail etc. etc. etc.
     So yeah, things get a little tense. I can tell that the dragon wants the bottle, but I have no real way to give it to him. So, I slowly scoot towards him with the bottle held out as far as my arm can go (why I didn't just roll it over to him I have no idea, but this is how it happened). Suddenly, and very unexpectedly, the dragon snaps impatiently at the air, as if to say, "Hurry up!" I get so startled that I just drop the bottle and back away. Thankfully, it doesn't uncork, and the dragon swallows it whole. Then, looking very content, it flies off and disappears. Everyone is very relieved to see the dragon gone, and they all begin to cheer, just as something flies through the air, hits me in the side of the head, and bounces a little ways down the asphalt.
      After the initial shock is over, I reach down and pick the object up. At first I have no idea what it is. It's wood, but it recently absorbed a lot of moisture and it looks a little like a ball. It's also very warm as well as wet. Then it hits me: This is the cork from the bottle, and the dragon just spat it out at me! We all get a good laugh out of that, and the dream ends with a very festive atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment