Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Dream 6: Lothlorien?

12/2/13

     This dream might have been influenced by my reading that very same chapter in Lord of the Rings right before I went to bed. But here it is all the same. I can't remember how it started, but The Fellowship are in Lothlorien. Actually, their more like stuck there because Mordor orcs have surrounded the entire forest, and Lorien is under siege. I think their staying with the Galadrim until the orcs go away. The first scene starts with Frodo. He's just walking around in the forest with the others, only he's being tormented by Sauron's voice, which is speaking to him even though he doesn't have the Ring on. At least, I don't think he has the Ring on, although things to get fuzzy from time to time, like it does when he does put it on. As the company walk through the forest, Frodo keeps ducking behind trees every now and then. He seems anxious, but mot really panicked.
     Next we suddenly jump to another part of Lorien. I must here point out that Lorien isn't as it was in the movie or books. It's wet and muddy, not very beautiful at all, and The Fellowship soon get really dirty, and they can't wash themselves off because it only makes it worse. Galadriel is still there though, and in a kind of clearing, she offers them these fresh leaves of lettuce in a circular, black kind of bowl that looks like it's made out of the same metal as a frying pan. Cast iron? It's a little bit rusted too, but that doesn't seem to matter. Frodo takes one of the leaves. It's very wet and crisp feeling (like the kind of leaves you want to put in a salad. Even though I wasn't in this part, I could feel it) and, following Galadriel's instructions, Frodo rubs the leaf on his legs and feet. The clean water that's in it washes the mud away like magic.
     After that, something serious happens. I can't remember what,but was something similar to what happened to Pippin when he looked into the Palantir, only it happens to Frodo and there is no Palantir involved. Whatever it was it makes everyone a bit more edgy than usual, and they all decide to go deeper into the forest. All I can remember of the serious moment are images of Frodo hiding behind some tree roots, looking a bit more scared than last time.
      The dream then suddenly takes an interesting turn. I am now in it, only I'm not me, I'm Merry, and I'm wearing an elvish cloak. A female elf has also joined our group. All I remember about her is that she was blonde, had hair like Eowyn, and she had a name only I can't remember what. She could also turn herself herself invisible. I think we're still in Lothlorien, only it doesn't look like Lorien anymore. The trees are now almost completely gone, and a kind of city is now erected. The streets and the city are made of white stone, and elves are walking around, but it still looks too modern to be Middle -Earth. In fact, as time moves on, it slowly starts looking even more modern.
     Suddenly, and without any explanation, Frodo breaks away from our group and runs away down the street. The others and I run after him, but when we turn a corner, he's nowhere in sight. We get the feeling that he put on the Ring. We're now in a kind of plaza. Still in the white stone city, but the people here are more brightly dressed, and I think their humans, not elves. At the end of the plaza is a building, with rectangular sides, a triangular roof, and two large pillars that hold a tall overhand. it kind of reminds you of a public library. I remember that it was made of a bluish gray, marble stone (possibly lapis lazuli). The girl elf then speaks for the first time. She says that she has a feeling that Frodo is in the blue building, which she says is the Lothlorien church. She and I then go to check it out, leaving the others to wait outside.
      The inside of the church is beautiful. The walls are made of dark, solid oak, but there are many windows to light the place up. There are these long benches that resemble pews, but their backs are just wood, and the seats are cushioned with red velvet. But, though the church is beautiful, the people who are i it are definitely not. They are all dressed in a bright, gaudy colors, and pretty much all of the woman are, in one way or another, dressed indecently. They wear a lot of make up too, and their faces are sharp, kind of like a foxes, and their skin color range from pale blue, pale peach, and even pale pink! Their hair are various, unnatural colors too, like hot pink or dark cerulean. I don't remember much about the men, only they had various facial deformities and strangely colored skin, like smoky, coal black.
      The people are all seated in the pews, complaining to each other about something, but I can't remember what. In fact, their complaining so loudly that, if there was a sermon being preached (I don't remember if there was) it would have been impossible for us to hear it. They were obviously very stuck up, self centered people who cared about nothing but themselves, but chose to sit all day in that beautiful church. After the girl elf and I look around a bit (she sometimes turning invisible to get  to certain places) we  come to the conclusion that Frodo isn't in the building. We're just about to leave and look somewhere else, but then the elf, who suddenly turns invisible, gets tangled up in some beautiful gold silk with white vine design that had been draped over an empty pew. I don't know how it happened, but it attracts a lot of unwanted attention, because, since the girl is invisible, it just looks like the fabric is moving around by itself!
      An orc then comes over and asks us some questions. The girl elf, now no longer invisible or tangled, tries to laugh the matter off and say that we were just fooling around, but he doesn't buy it. He calls me (I'm still Merry by the way) a "Rohanian", but that isn't exactly true because Merry doesn't become Theoden's esquire until much later in the book. The orc then calls for reinforcements on a walkie-talkie. The elf girl and I then high tail it out of there, and were chased all over the place, but in different places.
     The first place is a grocery store (I'm not sure but it might have been Target). We are definitely not in Lothlorien anymore, but I'm still Merry, the girl elf is still here, and we're being chased by orcs. The people in the store are like the ones in the church; weird and colorful, and they hardly pay attention to whats going on, so we just avoid them. Somewhere along the line, elf girl and I get separated. I hide in the clothes section, and I don't know how, but the elf girl projects her voice across the store without a loudspeaker. She starts to pretend that she's on the orcs' side and tells me to give myself up, which I don't. Then she calls out to the orc chief and says something like, "Hey, I suppose you know that there are others back at Lothlorien?" The orc chief gets upset about that. "What?" For some reason that cracks me up in the dream and I laugh in my hiding place.
     The scene then changes. I am now running down a hall in a different building, kind of...I don't know really how to describe it. It's a storage building, with white halls and electric lights on the ceiling. I duck into a closet that's full of bubble wrap to hide. The orcs eventually look in it, so I have to get out of there. I can somehow out run them, even though they're bigger than me.
     The scene then jumps to a kind or country side house that looks a little bit like the bed and breakfast, or Green Gables. The girl elf and I are back together again, and we are staying with some people, I forget who. We're pretending to be different people. Kind of undercover (going by different names and such). Out near the side of the house is a kind of elevated porch/balcony, that has stairs going down it to reach the lawn. Near it are these strange white pillar things just standing like over-sized pedestals. The girl elf then tells me to jump on top of the first pillar, I don't know why, but I do it somehow. Kind of a big jump for a hobbit. As soon as I'm up, I look back at her and I see Gollum sneaking up behind her. I tell her to look out, and I think she gets away. I'm not sure, but she must have because then Gollum starts coming after me! I avoid him by jumping up the other two pillars, but, as we all know, Gollum is very agile, so he starts to follow my example.
     With nowhere else to run, I somehow get down the highest pillar (how I'm not sure) where the girl elf is waiting for me with a gigantic white horse. But, before we can mount and get away, three orcs, one of them the orc chief, suddenly show. Gollum I think has run off at this point. The orc chief is pretty fed up after chasing us all over the place, and he's just about ready to kill us too. But then one of his followers says that it would be better if they took us alive back to Sauron, and eventually the chief agrees.
      The scene then jumps back to 'gloomy' Lothlorien. The elf girl and I are riding the horse, she in front, and the orcs are leading. Just as we're going through an overhang of rocks that's on the boarder, one of the orcs says, "That's far enough." Then he pulls out a sword and whacks off the orc chief's head. Speechless, we watch as the two 'orcs' remove their disguises, revealing that their actually Aragorn and Theoden! Only their in lego form, which is a little weird.
     At this point, everything that is LOTR related ends. We never find out what happened to Frodo, unfortunately, and the dream takes on an entirely different turn. I am in this part too, only I'm me now and I'm in our house. There is this guy living with us, a teenaged guy, and he's kind of mean. He keeps stealing my stuff and I always have to keep reclaiming it. In this small part I am just bringing a small arm load of stolen things back into my room. Somewhere along the line I start hearing voices in my dresser, so I start opening up all drawers. In two of them I find two rubber,  yellow snakes; one has a smaller head than the other. Somehow I learn that the dresser contains a secret room, and the only way I can get into it is if I get into one of the drawers. But that's impossible, so therefore I can't get in.
     The scene then jumps to that hidden room. It's pitch black in there, except for one, solitary, lava red glow that's coming from what I think is a shield, which is resting on a pedestal. There are two cats in there as well: a father and son. They are sworn to protect the shield at all costs, and they kind of look like anime cats, kind of the kind Linden draws. Suddenly a shaggy black cat (kind of looks like scourge) with sickly yellow scales (or sores which is gross) on it's back. Starts to creep up on the shield, and the two cats prepare to fight it.
     The scene then changes one more time. Actually it jumps from two different scenes. The first is a fight between a man who looks a bit like Aragorn, but it isn't, and a creature that is the black cat in another form. The cat's new form is a humanoid type creature. His skin is a pale, sickly white with only a slight hind of tan to it. His head is shaped like the Green Goblin's helmet, and his face is like a lizards, yet strangely human at the same time. He has the body of a man, for the post part, but his hands end in claws and his legs get thicker near the foot until, from the calf down to his ankles are covered with this jagged, sickly yellow material that doesn't look like cloth or metal. It's jagged like crystals, but it seems to be fused to his body, and those yellow spots that were on the cat's back are also on his.
     But, while these two are fighting, I have a sense that their in a movie of some kind, and that Dayna, mom and I are watching it at the kitchen table, only there is no TV around. It's pouring rain where the two are fighting in a kind of abandoned street just outside a gas station. The bright lights are on, and they flood the place in a kind of silvery white light that illuminates every raindrop like a diamond. The asphalt road is slightly flooded, just enough to cause a splash. The man who looks like Aragorn starts to speak to the creature. He actually more like pleads with it to accept Jesus Christ  as his Lord. In fact, he sounds almost close to tears. The lizard man says never, and the way he says it shows that it's his final decision, and they battle on. Suddenly the lizard man jumps up to pounce on the man, but, just before he lands on top of him, the man pulls out some kind of weapon. I couldn't see what it was, because, just before it happened, me in the dream closed her eyes. All I could see was that the handle was shaped like a beer bottle, with the slender end pointing up.
     What happened is pretty much what happened to Fenris Wold when he tried to pounce on Peter in The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. Before he dies the lizard man says, and I remember it clearly. "Well, it was fun...while ti lasted." Then the scene jumps back to us at the kitchen table. Mom doesn't really approve of most of the movie (mostly due to the violence) but it's apparently a movie Joseph owns. It had a name too, only I can't remember it.

No comments:

Post a Comment